Tuesday 25 October 2011

Nickelodeon USA's 2010 Halloween Idents

Below are three high quality high-definition (HD) streaming videos featuring three of Nickelodeon USA's "Nick Halloween Idents" from Nickelodeon USA's "Halloween On Nickelodeon 2010" on-air broadcast design package which Nick USA used on air during Halloween On Nickelodeon USA 2010, and were designed by Manhattan, New York, USA based Nickelodeon Animator and Designer Robert Kohr.

In the Nickelodeon USA Halloween Ident "Nickelodeon Halloween Network ID - Ghost" (below), a Nickelodeon Orange vampire bat in the 'I' in the 'Nick logo' unwraps it's wings, flies towards the television screen, chomps at the television screen revealing it's sharp teeth, then flies back into the 'I' of the 'Nick logo':

Nickelodeon Halloween Network ID - Ghost from Robert Kohr on Vimeo.

I storyboard and Bobby Khounphaysane animated this Halloween Network ID for Nickelodeon (my day job). This 5 second slate was shown a week and a half before Halloween in 2010. The story-boarding was all done in Storyboard Pro and the animation was all done in Animate Pro 2. The 3D was done in Blender.

In the Nickelodeon USA Halloween Ident "Nickelodeon Halloween Network ID - Goo" (below), a Nickelodeon Orange slimy, gooey creature comes out from the 'I' in the 'Nick logo', walks towards the television screen, then walks backwards and disappears back into the 'I' of the 'Nick logo' again:

Nickelodeon Halloween Network ID - Goo from Robert Kohr on Vimeo.

I storyboard and Celia Bullwinkel animated this Halloween Network ID for Nickelodeon (my day job). This 5 second slate was shown a week and a half before Halloween in 2010. The story-boarding was all done in Storyboard Pro and the animation was all done in Animate Pro 2. The 3D was done in Blender.

In the Nickelodeon USA Halloween Ident "Nickelodeon Halloween Network ID - Frank" (below), the 'I' in the 'Nick logo' swivels around to reveal that it is a Egyptian Mummy's coffin with an Nickelodeon Orange coloured Egyptian Mummy inside, who then walks up to the Nickelodeon television camera, licks the Nickelodeon camera's lens, then goes back into the 'I' of the 'Nick logo':

Nickelodeon Halloween Network ID - Frank from Robert Kohr on Vimeo.

I storyboard and animated this Halloween Network ID for Nickelodeon (my day job). It had to be one of the coolest projects I have ever worked on. This 5 second slate was shown a week and a half before Halloween in 2010. The story-boarding was all done in Storyboard Pro and the animation was all done in Animate Pro 2. The 3D was done in Blender.

A bit more information about Nickelodeon USA's Halloween 2010 idents/station Id's from Nickelodeon Animator and Designer Robert Kohr's official website, who designed the above Nickelodeon USA Halloween 2010 idents/station ID's, including complete credits for the Nickelodeon USA Halloween 2010 idents/station ID's and what computer programs were used to make the Nick Halloween 2010 idents/station Id's for Nickelodeon USA:
Nickelodeon Halloween Animation – Network IDs

I had a tremendous opportunity this fall to develop 3 network ID’s for the Halloween holiday for Nick on-air. I work for Nickelodeon as an animator and multimedia designer in its preschool digital online group (what a mouth-full). That said when I was offered the chance to work on these I was more than happy to jump on it. I worked with the VP of Brand Creative to direct these three spots that aired in the 8 to 9 days before October 31st, 2010. The characters were designed on paper, the storyboards were created in Storyboard Pro and the animation was all done in Animate Pro. The 3D Nick logo was created in the open source 3D program, Blender. All in all I had a terrific time working on this and working with my co-workers and freelancers who are always so generous with advice and help, especially my boss Renato who gave me the time to work on these. It was also great to see it on air!

VP Brand Creative – Matthew Duntemann
Design Director – Renato Castilho
Storyboards – Robert Kohr
Audio – Steve Horowitz
Animation (frank) – Robert Kohr
Animation (goo) – Celia Bullwinkel
Animation (ghost) – Bobby Khounphaysane

© 2010 Viacom International Inc. All rights reserved